Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What? Where did I go? Well you might ask. Just have not had time to update with recipes and photos and so on. I have been cooking, though!

Highlights include: buttermilk crackers (lightest, fluffiest crackers I've made yet, although I think Mae prefers the pumpkin ones), chili, a shepard's pie with leftover pork loin, mushroom gravy, and a mashed roasted yam and pumpkin topping.  Gosh, that was good.  Due to Halloween, which marks the onset of my annual empty-calorie food-preparation extravaganza, aka the holiday season, I've also been busy making all sorts of things I can't share with Mae: marshmallows, caramels, butter 'mints' (not minty). 

I need to get back into my recipe posting groove. I'm not quite there yet, I'm afraid. We're hosting Thanksgiving this year, though, so I promise yumminess before then.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, would love the recipe for the buttermilk crackers!!

    I just wanted to say thank you for this blog! We're just starting BLW, and I have gone through and stolen SO many of your recipes! I'm so keen to try them out! So thank you, and I hope to see more when you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement! It's nice to know someone is finding it helpful.

    The buttermilk crackers are basically the same recipe as the whole wheat crackers recipe, only I use buttermilk instead of water. And a bit of baking soda instead of baking powder. Makes it a little more tender. Next time I make a batch I'll post the recipe. I still haven't come up with anything as tender as commercial saltines, but I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete